The month of March is special for women all over the globe. Any guesses why? Yes, it brings celebrations around womanhood to the fore with The International Women’s Day.
Yes, March 8th is observed as a holiday in many countries. Some others celebrate it not by declaring it a holiday but by holding debates, discussions, and street marches demanding equality for women. The media covers this day with full gusto.
How did it all start?
Way back in 1908, the first International Women’s day was celebrated. On this day that year, women in America took to the streets of New York City to fight for their rights. Every year on the 8th of March, the world joins hands to celebrate womanhood and uphold the cause of women empowerment.
No discussion on women’s empowerment is complete without reinstating the importance of their education, health, work opportunities and a need to overhaul the stereotypical social perception about them through mass media.
What To Wear: International Women’s Day 2021, is something you must be eager to know, right? Are there any women’s day colors? Yes, there are. Is there anything new about women’s day fashion? Yes, there are styles and tips to the extent of casual outfits for professional women.
The Official Color Of The International Women’s Day 2021
“Purple” is the Color Of The Year 2021.
Why wear purple on International Women’s Day when we normally associate the purple color with lavender flowers?
Ultra Violet 18-3838, a passionate purple hue, is the 19th Pantone Color of the Year. Purple – is also the women’s day colors of 2021. It will also complement the International Women’s Day #ChooseToChallenge #IWD2021 campaign theme which highlights feminism.
Purple has a historic association with the movement for women’s empowerment. Purple, green, and white are the colors symbolically synonymous with the Women’s Social and Political Union (WSPU).
WPSU is an organization that is the torchbearer of the feminist movement in Britain in the 20th century that fought for women’s voting rights. The color purple denoted the “royal blood that flows in the veins of every suffragette.” While white was synonymous with purity and the color green symbolized hope.
The website puts it this way “We can’t be complacent. Now, more than ever, there’s a strong call-to-action to press forward and progress gender parity.
A strong call to #ChooseToChallenge. A strong call to motivate and unite friends, colleagues and whole communities to think, act and be gender inclusive.
Since the official color for International Women’s Day is purple, go ahead and wear a purple shirt and ribbon. It is a good idea for casual outfits for professional women.
One step ahead – be that annoying colleague and write all of your emails in purple font!! It not only sounds cool, it is the first step towards showing solidarity with the feminist cause.
Any idea of the logo of International Women’s Day? Since women are from Venus, the planet takes center stage in all purple glory with women from different walks of life in the background!
The chosen purple color is a symbol of justice and dignity – which are two important goals that International Women’s Day aims to achieve for all women in all parts of the world.
How To Celebrate International Women’s Day 2021 Online?
Almost all the social activities and causes these days go viral overnight. Social media has become the most sensational platform to grab eyeballs for a cause. And it is bound to be flooded with messages celebrating womanhood on International Women’s Day. For the entire first week of March till 8th March, this is what you can do:
You can use the following hashtags to join the feminist bandwagon on social media.
In addition to tagging your photographs and posts with these hashtags, you can also do the following:
- Share or retweet a message related to International Women’s Day 2021.
- Use the logo of the International Women’s Day 2021 as your DP for the day.
- You can also use the IWD logo in your email signatures in purple color.
- Since the official color of International Women’s Day 2021 is purple, make sure you sport the royal hue that day both physically and virtually.
- You can give vent to your creative imagination and shoot a video that voices the universal concerns of women and reinstates the need for women empowerment.
How To Celebrate International Women’s Day 2021 Offline?
Yes, you can do it this way too. Here is how to:
- Several NGOs, media houses and corporates celebrate International Women’s day by organizing women-centric discussions, health camps, and drives. You can definitely be a part of it. Should you be a part of the organizing team, decorate your office cabin with the purple color. It will be a nice idea if you can screen a short film that talks about the feminist cause.
- Want to take one step ahead to show your commitment to the International Women’s Day and women’s day colors? Go ahead and donate to organizations striving for women’s empowerment.
What To Wear: International Women’s Day 2021 is something the post has answered amply. Go ahead and celebrate girl power and womanhood!
Images Source: womensdaycelebration.com, www.internationalwomensday.com