Move over boring camisoles, jeans and skirts. It’s that time of the year when you are raring to go on a vacation, so pull out your holiday staples to welcome sunny days of fabulous chic. All you fashion divas out there, remember your attires must be apt enough to help you sail through the sweltering days. Do not let the weather plummet your style. Staying cool and looking hot is the name of the game this season. So what are you waiting for, jet off in style. Read on how to dress up and look like a summer diva in easy ways.
So, before you hit the beaches or the exotic destinations, go shopping for some stylish clothing in happy hues.
[Also Read:Designer Tunics by Manish Malhotra]
- Turn up the heat in a summer skorts. Give your summer wardrobe that X factor. Flaunt your shapely legs in linen, cotton, denim or 60’s style stripes, florals, polka and graphic designs in mint, yellow and orange hues.
- Summer jackets: in lace, linen, khakhi or even waist coats. Bolero jackets are ruling the roost as well. This item is definitely a fashion mainstay.
- A classic button down knotted shirt is a must have and ideal for any shape or size. Wear it loose or tuck it in. Make sure you keep the bottom wear well above the knees. Finish the look with accessories and a pair of peep-toe wedges.
[Also Read: Style the Button Downs]
- Harem or carrot pants are the most comfortable pair of bottoms for summers. They give a bohemian look and make for an easy, loose fit style for any outing. Paired with flats, lace camisole and statement jewellery, the look is sure to create a stir.
- Look your girly best when partying on the beach with your girl pals on the holiday. From sweet summer lace, innocent florals, bows, bird prints, sailor prints, high-low hemline tube tops with hot pants to tankinis for a sexy appeal.
- The denim shirt is a closet workhorse that never goes out of fashion. Timeless additions like these are undeniably feminine and flirty. You can easily do denim on denim look, with denim top and denim bottom (shorts/ skorts/ skirts/ capri).
- While the midi-skirt may be the critical transition piece, the tea-length skirt’s which is between midi and maxi is a must this summer. The ladylike hemline can be just as modern as a mini; pair it with a crop top to offset the length and elongate your height.
- Stock up on summer straw hats, Fedoras or Panama hats help in saving the face from the tremendous heat or sun tan. Pair them with trendy glares, to keep the sun-tan at bay.
[Also Read: Styling Fedora Hats]
- Gladiator or tie up sandals can be your go-to foot wear and can be worn with just about anything. Metallic, silver, gold, brown, tan, and beige are the hues to look out for in gladiator sandals. Flip flops also add the much needed fun punch to your summer look. Watch out for the ones with cartoon figures or floral pieces which pass off the cool tag almost instantaneously.
Says fashion designer Amrita Rajani, “White is what’s really in right now as far as colour is concerned. Lace, sheer neutrals and whites are playing a major role in fashion this summer, but in contrast is the look of bright electric neon, colour blocking, bohemian patterns and prints. Free flowing dresses or kaftans, maxi pieces, floor length tunics and sheer tops are perfect for this summer heat as it allows the skin to breath. High waist skirts have made a major comeback paired with a loose fitted shirt and a chic pair of sandals they complete a feminine summer look and its looks perfect for stepping out in the summer heat.”
Happy Dressing and Happy Holidays! Hope this article on summer holiday wear is helpful.